They're back . . . in school that is. Kind of strange how it feels like they've only been out for a couple weeks. Where did the summer go again? I know we were looking forward to time with family most of the summer, and then we got home, and the next morning they were back to the scheduled pace of life. . . although the schedule has been kind of nice. I think they were ready.
Here's Jeff putting on his best "professor" face. He's started teaching some night classes at a local university. I think he totally fits the part, and know that he's enjoying this opportunity.
Benjamin has started soccer, and is LOVING it. He and his teammates (who all happen to be boys) came up with the name: Chicken Nuggets Gone Bad. Try cheering that one loudly five times fast! We've shortened it to "nuggets" when they are playing in games, and they don't seem to mind. Their coach does a great job, and is very positive with the boys. During his first game, Benjamin put his arms behind him at one point like he was going to take off. . . that's how he felt, like he could run fast and fly. . . made me smile and realize there won't be very many more of those "sweet little boy" moments. For some reason, I feel all grown up going to watch my child play in a sport.
| First day of co-op preschool. Can you believe how big she is getting? |
Leaves are starting to change here, and I'm just waiting for the consistently crisp days to follow. Doesn't it just make you want to go sharpen a few pencils, open a math book, or find a good book to read? Just think of the possibilities.
2 comments:
Jeff totally looks like a professor! I'll bet he's an awesome one.
And gooOOO NUGGETS!
So big - so cute! Gotta love the start of the school year, sports, fall, everything. Looking good Tessems!
Post a Comment