Lately, Lily has been walking around the house, going to school, and church, sporting hearts, squares, pretty much anything she can find in the sticker department, on her EARS. Yes, you heard me right, Lil has been going out with stickers on her lobes, and we have let her. Thanks to our wonderful Sunday School class, we have taken up the habit of dates out with our kiddos. Jeff and I alternate months taking the kids out on one-on-one experiences. This month, I surprised Lily with the option of replacing the stickers with the real thing. And while at first she wanted to see a movie or something, she immediately lit up with excitement at the new prospect.
That little lobe was pierced twice, can you see the little red dot real low? Almost imperceptible now.
I tried to make sure that she knew it would hurt, and depending on who you ask, the severity of the pain could be quite high. She was a bit worried about the pain, and said that if it hurt a lot, she didn't want Grace to get her ears pierced at the same age, so she wouldn't have to go through the same pain. What a sweet big sister! We decided to go look around, maybe see the earrings available, and then make up our minds. I say our minds, because I was willing to get mine done as well, if Lil went through with it.
She was very determined and focused, and after making a new friend with a teenager who let us watch her get her ear pierced in the cartilege (major ouch from what I'm told) we made up our minds, chose matching jewelry, and took turns getting a bit of a pinch and great bling :) I've been kind of a chicken myself, not having pierced my ears up to this point, but I thought it was a great bonding experience with my girly, and it wasn't even that bad. Lily did have to get one lobe re-pierced because of human error, but she was such a trooper! Her face was glowing all night long, and thismorning, when I suggested we braid her hair for school to keep it away from her ears, she was all for it. That's big at our house!
Look real close, can you see the matching bling?
If you ask me, a little pain and nervousness was totally worth the bonding experience.
So fun! That makes me so glad I didn't do Marley's when she was a baby- I can't wait to have that experience. Oh, and didn't Lilly know that Pres. Hinckley said ONE hole per ear? ;)
Ow wow--I didn't realize that you didn't have yours pierced! I didn't have mine pierced until I was 17 and leaving for college. My parents wouldn't give permission till then, and I said well I would do it with their permission or the next week at college. Of course my 12 year old sister got hers done right after... anyway, I hope you enjoy earrings as much as I have!
9 comments:
Yeah for earrings! Yeah for girlie things! Yeah for taking the pain like real women! That's awesome gals, I'm excited too!
How fun! They look beautiful! I'm glad I'm not the only person who didn't get their ears pierced until adulthood. ;)
So fun! That makes me so glad I didn't do Marley's when she was a baby- I can't wait to have that experience. Oh, and didn't Lilly know that Pres. Hinckley said ONE hole per ear? ;)
Ow wow--I didn't realize that you didn't have yours pierced! I didn't have mine pierced until I was 17 and leaving for college. My parents wouldn't give permission till then, and I said well I would do it with their permission or the next week at college. Of course my 12 year old sister got hers done right after... anyway, I hope you enjoy earrings as much as I have!
Her smile will always out shine her ears. What a gorgeous girl.
Valine
How sweet! Lily is so tough.
So cute, Kathleen! You're making me wish I hadn't had my ears pierced as a pre-teen so I could've done it with kenz!
What a fun and memorable night for you two! Love the bling! Tiffany
oh god !
she is a cpoy paste of u dear!
Post a Comment