Saturday morning, we woke up to excitement and anticipation, Lily had become 6 years old! (Well, technically not until a little bit after nine in the morning, but still. . . ) The night before, Benjamin was worried that he hadn't found something for her on his own yet, Jeff let them know it's not a big deal, there's still fun even if there's no presents. Lily was all on board, saying maybe she'd get something home-made. Hearing the story from Jeff, I thought was pretty cute. She is really a very gracious girl. I loved watching her face every time she opened something else, pure joy and thankfulness, regardless of what was inside.
Breakfast at Elmo's diner where she ordered blueberry pancakes and perfect temperature hot cocoa with whipped topping piled high. Benjamin, Grace and I followed the pancake pattern, but with different varieties: chocolate chip, bananna, and fresh strawberries and whipped cream respectively. Jeffery was able to finally enjoy shrimp and grits which he swears was awesome! Good choice Lil, we brought home the leftovers and had them for lunch later. Then . . .
We headed over to the science museum, and enjoyed the pretty blossoms and water features being open again. Lily also noticed the baby turtles out in the lake, and pointed them out to me. We then headed home to listen to General Conference.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Lilly! I love you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LIL! We were thinking about you!! We love you and can't wait to see you all soon! :)
Pretty pretty Lilly! Happy Birthday from Uncle Scott!
Awesome. What a cool family. Oh look, no snow in the pictures...luckies.
Happy Birthday Lily. The picture of Lily blowing out her candles is so magical.---janae
Happy Birthday, Lilly! You are such a beautiful little lady :) Kathleen, what is your email? Random, I know, but I have a question for you.
I just saw that this is our 400th post, CRAZY!
Post a Comment