I thought Benjamin, Lily, and Grace looked very nice for Easter Sunday. I think Lily was doing a very good job in teaching Grace the art of a well executed curtsy, and Benjamin did well at tolerating everyone. I loved seeing all the children crisp in their spring attire, but even more than that, I loved the spiritual feast we were given in church. For my calling in church, I get to stand in front of the choir, and here all of their beautiful voices directed towards me. This past Sunday, the talks and music were beautiful, and really brought the Spirit into the meeting. During the final hymn, "He is Risen," the choir sang the first two verses and were accompanied by a string quartet. Beautiful, yes. Then, the congregation and organ came in, and I completely lost it. I was no longer capable of singing with the choir, but continued to wave my arms around hoping that no one else in the choir followed my cue. The entire meeting was a beautiful reminder of our Saviour and His life and sacrifice for all of us. To quote if I may, "He is risen! He is risen! He hath opened heaven's gate. We are free from sin's dark prison, Risen to a holier state. And a brighter Easter beam On our longing eyes shall stream." For this, I am truly grateful!As promised, here is the bunny cake inspired by Bestemor, so what do you think? In talking to Bestemor and Bestefar on Saturday, I was trying to figure out what to serve for dessert. She brought up the bunny cake, and how to do it, and I thought: hey carrot cake with cream cheese frosting in any form suits me just fine! So, I gave it a shot. Benjamin said it looked angry, I don't know, maybe just a little excited, nervous? What can I say, I did my best ;)
5 comments:
Aw, the kids look so great in their Easter clothes! And I LOVE the bunny cake! I think he's cute, not angry. Ellie got her first bunny cake at Bestemor's this year, thanks to my help. I was certainly willing to eat it for her. ;)
I think the bunny cake looks yummy! And the kids do too!
I'm quite impressed by the bunny cake regardless of the emotion! Your kids did look super cute and church and props to you for your hard work with the choir!
They did, indeed, look great on Sunday. Those pictures remind me of old fashioned ones and I can picture your kids looking at them with their grandkids and pointing out each other. Totally classic! And I like the cake... the look anyway, not that I got a taste or anything;)
Your garden has already sprouted! Wow. BTW, I like your blog music.
Post a Comment