Friday, October 17, 2008
Currituck Lighthouse
In the afternoon, we drove up from the house in Corolla to CurrituckLighthouse. We knew we wanted to go and see a lighthouse, and as it finally came into view, I said "I've never been in a lighthouse before." Benjamin then said the same thing. Kind of cute. As we went into the lighthouse, there was an attendant at the front gate who collected the fee to climb the 214 steps, and our signatures, addresses, ages. I hadn't really read the paper yet, and asked why the information was necessary, and was informed that it was a waiver. It's probably better that we didn't really think about how high we were going to climb before we began the narrow stairway. Benjamin was terrified, but made it all the way to the top. Lily would have run all the way up and down, but we told her she needed to wait for us. We climbed to just below the light, and could see the mainland on one side, and wide open ocean on the other. I think it was worse going down than up, because you could see how far you still had to go between the stairs. We found a few fun places to take pictures, and even met up with the Marshall's for a bit. One of my favorite pictures is dedicated to Nanna and Grandy. We placed the camera directly in line with the sun on timer, and then had to hold our eyes open with all our effort until the timer went off. This is the only really successful way to get pictures with no shadows in the middle of the day, stare into the sun. It does have a few side effects though :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
What a cool trip! I've always wanted to go to the Outer Banks. Must have seen it in a movie or something. Looks like you had a great time!
Post a Comment