Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Cozy.

I for one, did not mind the Christmas decorations at the end of the season this year at all.
Normally, a day after Christmas or so, I start feeling like there are just too many things extra out in the house. 
But, this year, even though we took the tree down a couple days after Christmas {It had stopped taking up water a few days before, so it was time}, I was in no rush to put everything else away. 
We spent a lot of time playing in the snow {which finally arrived on Christmas day and has stuck around since, so far}, playing games, doing puzzles, watching movies,
really just being together as a family. 
The kiddos all went back to school on Tuesday.
For their last day off, I enlisted everyone's help to put the rest of Christmas away, 
and clean the house. 
In years past, I have done the major cleaning after they go back to school. 
More, and more, I am realizing what great helpers I have, and should utilize more. 
I really appreciated the fact that it didn't take me 5 hours to clean, and that we could go for one more sledding outing on freshly fallen snow with those who wanted to go.  
I thought I captured Little O going down all on her own, with her scream that started out in terror and ended in delight every. single. time. . . but, alas, my phone just didn't get it.  I'll just have to keep that one in my mental photo journal. 


I will also hang onto the warm, cozy feeling, of sitting as a family in front of the soft glow of the Christmas lights on the tree, and sharing stories of joy and hope and of Christ.