Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Eight at last.

 Lily has been very excited the last few months . . . 
 excited to have a party with her friends, to celebrate her day with tutus, dance . . . 
and custom made cupcakes of course . . . 
 But, even more, she's been excited for her baptism that is coming up on Friday!  I have to admit, I think the excitement has been contagious, enough to finish this dress! (don't look too closely, it's more impressive that way.)  Can't you just see her joy? More details to follow, after THE big day.

I like my birthdays, every one;
Each brings a greater joy to me. 
But I can't wait until I'm eight, 
For then I'll be baptized, you see. 

To be baptized as Jesus was
By one who holds the priesthood true
And thus obey God's holy laws
Is just the thing I want to do. 

When hands are laid upon my head, 
Then I'll receive the Holy Ghost. 
And, if I listen carefully, 
I'll have the blessing I need most.

(I Like My Birthdays, W.F. Bennett)

6 comments:

Katie said...

She is one lucky girl- you are amazing! I seriously wish I could have Lilly's wardrobe:). Happy, happy birthday to her!

P.S.- my "bot code" is "reaketh"....just thought you would find that funny:).

Lindsay said...

Happy birthday, Lily. :) She looks so beautiful in her dress.

Jessica said...

Happy birthday Lilly!! I wish we could be there for the baptism, but we're so happy for her either way and know it'll be a wonderful day!

Mjarrett85 said...

That looks like such a fun party! Very great job on her dress, Kathleen! Happy Birthday Lily! :)

Melinda Jones said...

Happy Birthday Lilly! We hope your birthday and your baptism yesterday were very special. We love you!

Jessica said...

Wow, how is it that she's already 8! It seems like just yesterday that we were all living in Denver and you (Kathleen) were hoping to not go into labor during the big snowstorm. :D Happy Birthday, Miss Lily!