This year, Jeff was not able to go with us to the Christmas by Candle-Light (had to give a final) but, we went with some friends, and enjoyed the old-fashioned evening. I love when they take requests for the sing-along-songs with instrumental accompaniment, that means I can request Silent Night every time. . . We made sure to make it there early, and were the second ones out, chilly, yet beautiful night. . . Just missed my Jeffery.
| I know you're thinking this one should be part of an "awkward family photo" shoot, and I think I'd have to agree! |
A great friend had an awesome idea to host an "ugly-sweater" party. We did our best to find the ugliest out there, and I'm pretty sure Jeff succeeded, (especially when he added lights with pocket batteries, perfectly hideous!) There was one brief moment of panic, when Cory answered the door, and was wearing a "normal" nice sweater, I thought just maybe it was a "shhhh-we're-only-telling-you-guys-it's-an-ugly-sweater-night." But, as you can tell, we were not alone in our wardrobe choices. . .
There were much better pictures taken, this one just happened to be when our timer went off, and I'm sorry you are unable to see everyone's finery (which included some coordinated white pants, vests, 80's hair, and jewelry with one couple), trust me, it was REALLY good. Jeff won for ugliest sweater in the men's category. I kept being told mine wasn't ugly. I don't know about that . . .
Sometimes, we make new dishes, or ones that the kids haven't had in a while. The other day, I brought back the spicy peanut sauce, and put it over noodles. If you can't tell, Goose really liked it, even though watching her consume what was on her plate was, um, interesting we'll say, glad we all enjoyed it!
There was supposed to be a concert with a certain middle and high school before the kids got out for the break, but it snowed like .5 inches, so there was no school that day. The concert has been rescheduled for after the break, but at least we got a preview the last day of school. These kiddos can really sing! So sweet and beautiful, he's only going to have this sweet voice for such a short time, I had tears in my eyes on more than one occasion and tried to wipe them strategically so that no one else caught on.
The Sunday before Christmas, the kiddos wore their Christmas best to church for the program (Benjamin sang with three other little boys, and did a great job!) Lily and Bud both sang with the primary children. Loved the entire program (all but the part where I forgot to wait for the organist to get in her spot before bringing in everyone . . . but I digress) It was simply lovely, LOVED the spirit that was in the meeting.
I'd just like to point out, they are all dressed and happy for pictures :)
4 comments:
Awwww...so cute. :) I'm impressed they're all happy for your pictures. Mine have started to scowl each time I bring out the camera. Two days ago even found me saying, "Someday you'll appreciate my camera and my diligence in recording your childhoods..."
I'm sorry, but I must disagree with anyone who told you that sweater was not ugly! Where on earth did you guys find those?!?
Such cute kiddos - and such happy memories. Don't you just love making those!?
They are so cute! And the sweaters are AWESOME!! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment