Monday, November 08, 2010

Corn-patch-pumpkin-mazing!

 I LOVE Fall.  Yup.  Being able to wear layers, humidity taking a back seat to cool evenings, crisp mornings, changing leaves . . . and lots of busy-ness.  This year, we thought we'd try a nearby corn maze and pumpkin patch.

There were different sizes of pumpkins, we chose the normal-ish ones and decided to leave the Jumbo variety for someone else -
 We rode the hay ride as the sun went down over the pond, and saw a few farm animals, enjoying the slow pace-


 The kids enjoyed milking the "cow" and while it wasn't Really a cow, it worked like one :)
 Jeff totally hit the bell on the top of this thing every time he tried it.  That made me think, oh, it can't really be that hard.  Um, I was Very wrong.  I think the numbers went up to 12, I could only make it to the 3 there above bud's head. . . and I tried REALLY hard!

There was a bull we could have ridden, but we decided to venture into the corn maze instead, it was getting quite chilly by this point.  There were several markers we were supposed to find and stamp our cards with to prove we'd been through the whole maze, we got half of them and decided that it was time to go home.  This was a great family activity, and I think we might have to try it earlier in the season next year, when the corn is a bit fresher.  Thanks Green Acres for a great first corn maze experience! 

1 comment:

Jenny Bay said...

Looks like fun! We sure miss you guys!