Tuesday, August 03, 2010
A bit blue . . .
We just helped some good friends load up their moving van, and clean up their house. I felt a bit like the time Jeff and I went to watch Les Miserables at the Denver Performing Arts Complex: I was excited to go, but forgot how emotionally draining it would inevitably be. I knew it was going to be rough, because I could feel myself on the verge of tears as we pulled up to the house and saw the moving van. So, I quickly dived into a bathroom cupboard until I regained my composure. The men got completely drenched in the humidity and life-size game of Tetris in the truck, the women were inside cleaning while exchanging stories, and the children ran in and out of the house at will. When it was time to say good-bye, Little Eric gave Benjamin a really long stick he had whittled down (very cool to an almost 10-year-old) and Benjamin gave him the necklace he was wearing. If you don't know my boy, that was a big deal, he loves that surfer necklace. Lil and Briggy exchanged hugs, and upon making it home after crying all the way, she drew a picture of him that she wants to keep up somewhere. I REALLY don't like good-byes. Could it be that every new good-bye reminds me of past good-byes? I suppose a solution would be to not open up to new people, and kind of hide out in a hermit state, but just can't seem to manage that one. We have really enjoyed having Katie and Eric and their kiddos be part of our world. I know this is a great step forward, an opportunity to do great things, just know that you always have a place in our hearts, and home, and if we ever do put up that hammock in the living room, you will most definitely have to come and try it out! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thanks again for all of your help Kathleen- last night and all the rest:). We'll miss you and think about you every time we go berry picking, or swimming, running or eat sushi. And we're looking forward to our Rangnar (or however you spell it)!
Oh sad! Saying goodbye is never easy.
"Life-size game of Tetris", how perfectly descriptive!
I know exactly what you are feeling pretty well... ;o)
I had a feeling you might Kara . . . miss ya tons!
*sigh*. Wanna hang out? :)
Post a Comment