Sunday, June 06, 2010
Donut Day
Friday was Donut Day. It was also music on the lawn. We decided to celebrate both by eating donuts at music on the lawn. We listened to a band called Uncle Earl. None of the musicians were uncles. Some may have been aunts. They were all women, and most of them didn't even live next to each other. One of them lives in Sweden, one in Boston, two in Brooklyn. As Kathleen pointed out, that must make practicing very difficult, I think they probably use Skype. The kids had their fill of donuts, Grace was pleasantly surprised by the yellow "stuff" inside hers. She kept saying "its lemon". Ben wasn't too keen on the idea of going, and had to bring a Star Wars book along to read. He also didn't believe me that there was such a thing as Donut Day (which there is, I didn't make it up, it dates from the World War I with the Salvation Army). Anyway, the combination of good music and fatty food is always fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
darn it, I wish I'd known it was donut day!!
I see you guys had better luck at music on the lawn this time. Now you know what you're up against, eh? And those donuts look delish! Can't believe I missed donut day! Maybe we'll celebrate late...
Post a Comment