Monday, November 24, 2008

Late Fall Harvesting


Jeff recently pulled up the Peanut plants and found all of these in the ground. Pretty cool if you ask me ;) We've been letting them dry out, and haven't really decided what we're going to do with them yet, but it's always fun growing something you never have before, and having it actually work! Maybe we'll plant more correctly next year. I harvested the rest of the green-cherry tomatoes and peppers the other day, and pulled up almost all of the plants. It makes me a little sad, and missing the month-and-a-half longer growing season from last year. Maybe letting the ground rest inbetween planting seasons will make it all fresh and new again, and I'll be over-excited to get into the dirt again come early spring. Until then, I'll think fondly of the "farmer's market" in the back yard that was, and console myself on store bought produce.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: