From www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Jackson we learn:
The boy's name Jackson \j(a)-ck-son\ is pronounced JASK-son. It is of Old English origin, and its meaning is "son of Jack". US President Andrew Jackson; Civil War General Stonewall Jackson; artist Jackson Pollock; singer Jackson Browne.
Jackson has 10 variant forms: Jack, Jackie, Jacksen, Jacky, Jacson, Jakson, Jax, Jaxen, Jaxon and Jaxson.
And also we find this striking information:
Jackson is a common male first name and a very popular surname (source: 1990 U.S. Census). Displayed below are the baby name popularity trends for all boy's names on this page. Click here to view the popularity trend for Jackson only.

From www.thenamemachine.com/baby-names-boys/Jackson.html we find the following graph:
This tells us, that while our poll was good to name the young man-cub, it is scientifiticallishlly proven that Jackson is a good name. So with that, lets all welcome the newest member of our growing family, Jackson Jones. We love you Melinda, Taylor, and Jackson
5 comments:
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I have been dying to see our new little Jackson man! You are such a sweet big brother...by the way how DID you get a hold of his picture, and how can I find more?! Love You! -Tiffany
Whoops! Guess I should start checking my e-mails a little more often ;) Still, thanks for posting his picture so I could figure things out! I love you! -Tiff
Thanks for posting the pictures Mel and Taylor need throw some up on their blog so that we can see more of our newest nephew!
WOW Jeff you went above and beyond, now the proud parents will know everything they ever wanted to know about his name.
Love the post! I couldn't help but giggle as I read it. Like Scott said, I think I know all I need to know now---bring on parenthood! Thanks for posting it! Love you guys.
-Mel
Post a Comment