Thursday, February 26, 2015

Bryce Canyon

I must admit, I have thoroughly enjoyed the warmer weather we have been enjoying for the past month and a half or so . . . I know we need snow in the mountains, and definitely need moisture down in the valley, but it has been simply lovely to put on a light jacket, or sweater, and maybe even a pair of capris in January and February and be completely comfortable. . . 

The three day weekend in January was one of those warm weekends, and we decided it would be great to pack a picnic lunch, and head south to Bryce Canyon for the day. . . 

It was about a three hour drive {Just about as long as a beach trip, right kids? . . . Except for the absence of the surf. . . } and really went by pretty nicely.

Kind of funny how I thought I had been here before as a child.  Um, nope.  I had never seen this magical place before, but instantly felt impressed.  




The day really was pretty mild, and the snow made the view even more striking. . . we just didn't get down in the valleys with our little ones too far, wanting to make sure we all made it back up 
all right . . . 


Instead, we drove from spot to spot, and hiked around the rim.  




I would love to make another trip that was longer than a day possibly, and really explore.  Maybe just with Jeff and I, and maybe our bikes . . . 


As the afternoon turned into early evening, the air became more chilly and we started to feel it in the wind.  Jeff made up a story that the girls were enthralled with as we walked around, and waited to see how it would finish up.  I'm pretty sure there was a prince who was captured by some trolls who lived in the Hoodoos . . . I found myself wanting to hear how it all ended myself.

 I think this guy might have reached chilly a little before the rest of us . . . 



 I thought it was gorgeous, and definitely want to spend more time adventuring: with our whole crew, and maybe just Jeff and I.  




No comments: