Oh my Goose.
She has been so excited about this particular birthday since last year!
New Year's Eve, she went to bed at almost normal time, because she knew morning would bring her birthday.
{We learned a few years ago not to wish her a happy birthday until morning, because that's when the magic starts, not at midnight like we mistakenly thought}
She patiently waited for breakfast in bed, and then decided to eat it at the kitchen counter.
Her eyes were full of magic all day, and her mouth with giggles.
After presents were opened at home, we went to Build a Bear to choose her special pony. I was a bit skeptical, I admit, but it was so sweet, and I almost got choked up as they were getting ready to add the heart. Trust me, it was so sweet.
The two were not very far apart at any point.
She wanted blue velvet cupcakes. {Blue is her absolute favorite color}
She also wanted to help add the "signature swirl" to the top, yes she is a cupcake/cooking show fan!
Such a magical day.
***
All in preparation for Saturday when she was baptized. Our family was asked to sing a musical number and Grace choose:
I Like my Birthdays
I Like my birthdays, every one;
Each brings a greater joy to me.
But I can't wait until I'm eight,
For then I'll be baptized you see.
To be baptized as Jesus was
By one who holds the priesthood true
And thus obey God's holy laws
Is just the thing I want to do.
When hands are laid upon my head.
Then I'll receive the Holy Ghost.
And, if I listen carefully,
I'll have the blessing I need most.
We sure love you Goose!
So fun to have so much family and friends here for your special day.
Always remember how much you are loved, and how proud we are of your decision to follow the example of Jesus Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment