Friday, December 12, 2014

This boy.


He sure loves to be involved in many venues. 
These past couple of weeks we have watched him perform with the Ballroom team, Orchestra, and Jazz Band (he plays the trombone part with an amp attached to his cello). 
 His school day starts at 7:00 am with Jazz Band (an hour before school), and can go to about 5:00 in the evening if he is staying after for Chamber Orchestra (an extra orchestra class from regular class that meets after school twice a week), or Mythbusters (I'm pretty sure they don't blow anything up, but I'm sure they'd like to).
 I love watching him soar.
I think my favorites were ballroom and Jazz band because I could tell he really enjoyed them. 
But oh, he is getting so grown up.  
We are at that point where I feel like I'm the parent all.the.time. and forget to be
 the listening ear, 
fun Mom
just be yourself with me Mom.

I see him slipping into adulthood, and I'm affraid I'm going to miss it:
Miss his quiet pondering, prodding eyes.
His desire to just be near me, because I'm his 
Momma.

 I sure love this boy.
And, I had a lot of fun tormenting him with 
public displays of affection while we were out seeing the lights as a family.

I know I need to spend more time laughing, tormenting, and showing him I'm not afraid to be as embarrassing as is necessary to see his 
lovely
smile.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Love. :)