Monday, November 17, 2014
For Today.
After a decent workout this morning, I got home and decided it might be nice to get cleaned up and warm up in the shower before jumping into my day. When it's 14 degrees outside, I find hot water to be very helpful in that department. I was just about done, and then there was the tiny fist knocking on the shower door. She wanted to "hold me" and I let her know I would be done in just a minute or two. Then she wanted smiley faces on the shower door. They didn't work on her side, so she just pointed where she wanted me to put them. "Here, here, here, here, up here, up there. . . " You get the idea. During this process, I heard a careful request at the bedroom door, "Can I get the vacuum?" Sure, I'm just in the shower, so go ahead and get it . . . I found myself smiling. Today, this made me smile because while I would love to have uninterrupted time in the bathroom, I know that all too soon, the smiley faces on the shower door will be gone . . . the extra helping hands that can vacuum and help with siblings will be off changing the world for the better, and I will have a quiet, clean house with no more smudges, no more candy wrappers left all over the basement, finger prints, or tiny pleas to "hold you" because they will be grown . . . so today, I got to see the moment and smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment