Olivia went on her very own Easter Egg hunt with a few moms in our ward and their little ones. I wasn't sure how she was going to react to the situation. She's pretty shy at first, and likes to stay back and see how things work before jumping in.
Once she realized she could collect the eggs and put them in her basket, she was in all the way. Then we sat down on the grass and she found out there were tasty treats inside and she was very enthusiastically enthralled in sugar.
***
That night, the kiddos all chose a color to decorate their eggs with: Benjamin=green, Lily=purple, Grace=pink, and Olivia=clear. So, maybe Olivia did not choose to have clear, but she didn't seem to notice any difference so we went with it. She did enjoy coloring on her eggs with crayons and pencils, and they all seemed happy with the results, so I'm thinking that means a success?!
***
Saturday morning, before mowing the lawn, Jeff and I put out candy filled eggs in the back yard and then let the kids go for it. I think we might be getting to the point where we might start changing it up a bit. Weather this, or possibly including older friends and even adults and making it more of a party.
But for now, Grace and Olivia were content searching on the ground, and Benjamin and Lily went after the ones their Daddy hid more strategically . . .
Lil spent a lot of time trying to reach one particularly high egg, only to have Benjamin run by and grab it and run away. I think he is growing about a foot every week or so . . . maybe not really, but awfully close!
This time, Livy was not so interested in finding the eggs, but in finding a good spot to open up any in reach and eat the goodies inside. Smart girl.
***
We worked outside most of the day, and then joined Bestefar, Scott, Jesse and their family, and Troy for a relaxing dinner and, you guessed it, one more hunt. I don't think Livy really bothered hunting at all. She was more into sitting, and enjoying her spoils. Fun to see the kiddos all search .



No comments:
Post a Comment