Sunday, August 05, 2012

Snap shot

Before our Little One made her appearance into our lives, I knew I wanted to get some pictures of her while she was still little.  

I talked to a good friend of mine, to see if she might be willing to do them for me, and she said she would :)

The day after my mom went home, Lindsay said she was available in the afternoon to come by.  In my head, I was thinking, "okay, this should take an hour or two, and then I can take a nap, and relax, it should be really easy and fast." 

um . . . 


I also thought, "I'll take some this morning, I don't think it should be too bad to get some good shots"

Enter exhibit A:

I ended up making her look like a mad-high-centered *though still very cute* stink-bug. 

Hmm, good thing I had Lindsay coming!

A few hours later, I opened the door to blankets, cushy props, lights, a space heater, and all sorts of supplies, and a very ready photographer.  
 See how easy she makes it look? Thanks again!

She kept the room nice and toasty warm to make Olivia comfortable, and allowed plenty of feeding, changing, and soothing time for my little 6-day-old and I.  The whole process was about 3-4 hours!




 I love these pictures . . . 

She is so tiny, 
perfect, 
and wonderful.

 I see the exhaustion in my face, and remember how 6 days post partum feels . . . 

And, that she will grow up entirely too fast, and too soon . . . 

so, 
 I hope to enjoy 

every

little
Moment.

4 comments:

Laura Hennessee said...

So adorable!!

Lindsay said...

Now look at her, though - smiling and bright-eyed! It happens so fast, doesn't it...

Washburns said...

She is too sweet! Kiss that little baby nose for me!

Katie said...

Beautiful- both of you:).