The end of June brought extended family to our home.
Emma Jeane, Nanna, Grandy, Bestemor and Bestefar were able to make it out to meet our little Olivia, and spend a bit of time with our family.
We took long walks, visited sights around town, made lots of Costco visits, and enjoyed learning how Boster's and Tessem's (Grandparents) met in their younger years, among other fun stories.
Oh, and we also introduced them to a heavy dose of humidity . . . these pictures were taken outside, with probably 95% humidity, making it feel well over 100 degrees, and making us all feel like we were melting . . .
July 1, 2012
Olivia Solveig Tessem
was given a name and a blessing by her father.
A very good day . . .
Three generations . . .
This picture was taken INside, with air conditioning . . . everyone looks much happier (well, except for maybe Olivia, I think she was done having her picture taken:)
I sure love spending time with family. It always makes me feel grounded, relaxed, and more myself. I loved hearing the testimonies of the Grandpa's during Sacrament meeting. . . and that my Dad wore the bow-tie I made him for father's day. I was excited to see "The Star Spangled Banner" was the closing song . . . but then I was emotional during most of the song, and didn't know if I would be able to sing THE note, right up until the last: "and the laaa-and of the Free-EEE" the only part of the song I was actually able to sing, and then Jeanie and I giggled during the rest of the song. Perfect.
Thanks to those who could make it out, we sure loved having you!
I'm thinking Emma Jeanie should make more trips out here, so fun to have her help, and energy. Enjoyed the almost two weeks she was here, and I have to say, our kiddos let grandparents and auntie sleep-in by our standards by a long shot pretty much every day, nicely done!
No comments:
Post a Comment