Sunday, July 03, 2011

Dapper.

When I was about 11 years old, there was an ensemble that I loved to put together.  A blue ocean pacific shirt that had a wave on it, and happened to belong to my dad, tucked in and then pulled out and paired with acid washed blue jeans that had pleats, and pockets, and really puffed out at the hips.  I LOVED this outfit.  I don't remember why, it sounds really comfy with all the hip room, and over-sized t-shirt . . . maybe it made me feel like I was going to the beach soon? . . . whatever the reason, I wore it a lot . . .

Yesterday, we were returning a belt to get the right size for Jeff to wear with his new suit and shoes, and Benjamin noticed the stylish hats.  He had a couple that he was going between, but really latched onto this one.  Immediately, we knew the two were destined to be together . . . he's created many stories of life saving techniques the hat might be useful for in just such an instance . . . stopped to pose and run his hands across the brim . . . tried to decide if it would be better with the back up or down . . . tried on three different outfits for church this morning before finding the right one (this is NOT normal behavior.  Generally, he puts something on, and away he goes, onto something new . . . )  He was not supposed to wear the hat inside the building, but looked so "Dapper" and confident, and we let it slide.

He just came out of his room, having put a feather in his cap . . . he he he very appropriate if you ask me.  I wonder how long this will last?

3 comments:

Katie said...

I LOVE it!!! He looks great, and how cute is it when little boys care about their clothes:). Usually pretty cute, except when they try to drag the same pair of basketball shorts out of the dirty laundry day after day... Fortunately hats stay clean:).

Jessica said...

Aw, I love it! Lookin' good Benjamin, lookin' good.

Lindsay said...

Ha! Good for you for letting him wear it into church. I let McKenzie pick out a pair of glasses for herself (online...) and they came yesterday. Sky blue and clear, thick rimmed glasses. They. Look. Terrible. But she loves them so much, I have to let her wear them. *sigh* someday I know she'll look back on the pictures and say, "Mom! What were you THINKING?!" :)