Sunday, March 13, 2011

Pudding.



What a lovely day.

I took a nap today, a no-nonsense-real-life-two-hour-long nap (made possible by my Jeffery of course). I feel all refreshed, and ready to take on this here time change!

During family home evening (something we do on Sundays when late nights are on Mondays), we decided as a family that we wanted to memorize a quote by Gordon B. Hinckley:  "Is it too simple a thing to wish that all of you might live lives filled with kindness?  We live in a harsh and mean world . . . . What a marvelous thing is a little human kindness."  

. . . .

Then we talked about helping each other out more around the house, and I might have been talking a bit sternly about getting more help with things around the house (you mean I need to remember the quote, too?)

. . . . 

And we ate a yummy pudding concoction.  Isn't all dessert enjoyed more fully when consumed from crystal goblets?



Then-

. . . .

We got the kids to bed, and Jeff read stories, and we were winding down, and Jeff pointed out that I might just want to quietly peer in to the girls' room.  Grace was sitting on Lil's bed, "reading" a fairy book.  This really meant that Grace told the story as she remembered it until she forgot something, and Lil would prompt her with the next part, and Grace would mimic her down to the tone of voice.  They were just being so sweet with each other, and Lil was doing Grace's hair . . . and I just thought how wonderful it was that they each have a sister to share with, and learn from, and be kind to. . . at least sometimes.  

   

1 comment:

Washburns said...

I want pudding. And a long nap. Oh, and some of that Carnival food. Bring it on over, would ya'? We could use a Tessem-fix!