Lily is a hard one for me to catch, just being herself, she's excellent at noticing when the camera is directed her way and giving a dazzling smile. The other day, during a soccer game, this is who I captured: Quizzical, independent, spunky, colorful, beautiful Lil. I LOVE her taste in colors, not really sure if you can see the brightness of her entire ensemble, but she is sporting: bright blue hair ribbon, brick read shirt, brown skirt, darkest purple tights, and calf high black boots. Her personality is very much the same: Vibrant and sassy, with a touch of reserve, something I need to remember when her independence is being expressed ;)
Last weekend was General Conference. A time to listen, contemplate, and spend more close time as a family. In between sessions, we explored parts of the gardens we have not seen before, and found some new favorites . . .
Doesn't this just make you want to stop and stay for a while?
At one point, Grace went over to a tree, and gave it a nice little rub, as if it were an animal friend, and said, "see, it's soft" and then went on to bond with the tree. Who knew?
So much fun to have the kids walking and playing along the way on their own, but Grace caught a toe or something and hit the ground pretty hard. She was really worried about the blood on her hand, good thing we didn't point out the bloody ouchy on her knee, right?
And on a completely random note . . . the other day, Grace really wanted to use the scissors. I've been a little bit worried about this prospect, keeping new scissors from hair lines and such . . . but I figured if she was working on something at the table, we should be pretty safe. Well, one piece of paper and five minutes later, this is what I found. I think she had a serious need to do some cutting!
3 comments:
Lilly is one of a kind, and SO stylish. If I could, I would take her shopping with me so she could recreate her wardrobe in adult form- seriously! Heard there was craziness when you got home yesterday:). We miss you guys already....
I LOVE that photo of Lil!! She is so adorable. Miss you guys!
Beautiful fall photos!
Post a Comment