We arrived with good friends, the Page's, time to spare, and claimed our spot on the grass while the little ones ran around crazy-like and rolled down the grass hills. We made sure to bring in plenty of snacks, which incidentally are COMPLETELY allowed, and settled in for E.T. Among the snacks were Reese's pieces, so we waited until ET had given some to Eliot before we broke them out, more memorable that way. ;)
See, if you look closely you can even see the call letters, which were only backwards for ten minutes or so while they "worked out the kinks" I'm sure.
It had been a long time since I'd seen this 80's classic, and I made it most of the way through it, only falling asleep on the blankets during the really slow part. The kids giggled loudly, asked questions, and did all sorts of non-theater behavior, and we didn't even have to worry about it. Oh, and the screen looked a lot like an inflatable bounce house, hard to beat that! I really enjoyed seeing all the fireflies as we were walking in and getting situated, and experiencing the gardens at night, hadn't done that before.
Next up: Ghostbusters! oooh, aren't you excited?
No comments:
Post a Comment