Monday, December 07, 2009

And thus begins the magic . . .

This year, we decided to get a real Christmas tree, and oddly enough, the kids weren't sure if this is what they wanted or not at first. They really enjoy having the little Christmas forest of small piney trees that has been our method of operation for that past six years or so. But, when we got to the lot to choose which one would be heading home with us, they were pretty tickled at the prospects, and Lily decided she wanted a "HUGE" one. We all decided on one that we thought would fit in our house just right, had it loaded it up and brought home.
I think my favorite part about having a real tree, is that we get to put ALL of the ornaments on it. In the past, the breakable ones have gone on a wall hanging, to prevent little hands from getting too close. This year, all the ornaments we've accumulated are sharing space on the tree, and I have to say, I LOVE the smell. I also really enjoyed the fact that everyone helped put things on this year, the kids each had their own side for the Hallmark ornaments, and pictures from our past, as well as the home-made paper ornaments: our lives illustrated in the greenery. Just feels magical in that room, and we put up the little trees in the other room, so the kids still get to enjoy their own trees, too. I don't know about you, but I'm starting to get a little excited for Christmas . . .


4 comments:

Swinging On Small Hinges said...

Gorgeous!!!

Jenny Bay said...

How fun! We just got our tree, too! Real trees are the best :)

Jason, Tiffany, and the Crew said...

Beautiful!!! -Tiffany

Washburns said...

I love the smell of real trees too. Someday, when I have an awesome house like the Tessems, I'm going to get one too.