Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Durham 2nd Ward Valentines Dance

As many know, I am the activities committee chair in our ward. This year I decided to steal a tradition from our years in Denver and we hosted a Valentines dance for the adults of the ward. I can't claim much responsibility for the success, the committee did the lions share of the work. However, I still think it went really well. We had not one but two chocolate fountains, tons of stuff to dip into it (such as fruit) and to not dip into it (such as cauliflower). We also had a DJ, and some great music. Below are some pictures from the dance, both before and during. It was great fun, and I got to see Kathleen dance which is always a treat for me.

Also, hearing the cha cha slide and seeing the ward dance it, that was pretty fun.





The Decorations with lights on.

The decorations with lights off.

The ward dancing the cha cha slide

Kathleen dancing the YMCA

People talking

More people talking


And a video of the Cha Cha slide.....

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Fun! Sounds like a happenin' party.